domingo, 22 de fevereiro de 2015

Palácio de Cristal Park and Garden and Pavilhão Rosa Mota | Porto, Portugal


I always struggle to start a new post, I never know how to beggin - probably the number one reason for me not to write as often as I would like to. So here I sit, sipping on my tea and wondering what the heck should I start with...
So here we go - Palácio de Cristal gardens are the perfect place to spend a peaceful Sunday afternoon with the family. It probably has the best panoramic view of the old part of the city and Douro river. It has a total area of 9,57ha, and was designed by the German landscaper Emile David in order to embellish the area around the Palácio de Cristal (Crystal Palace), which was demolished in 1951. Pavilhão dos Desportos took its place, it was designed by the architect José Carlos Loureiro. Since its construction, all kinds of sports have been played there, from hokey to badminton. In 1991, its name was changed to Pavilhão Rosa Mota as a tribute to Rosa Mota, one of the best Portuguese athletes of all time.






















Inês Tavares

You may also be interested in reading:

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário